Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I’ve got a James Brown story to tell…….When I was a kid in the sixties, we went to a place called Travel Town, which featured old railroad locomotives. It was in Los Angeles, where I was raised. It just so happened that they were doing a TV show there called “Where the Action is” and asked me along with others if we would get up on a locomotive and be background for James Brown, who was going to sing his signature song I Feel Good…….while being filmed. It was a pretty hot day and James was sweating hard, reading his que cards and lip singing I Feel Good to a big stereo they had playing. He was dancing around with all the Soul that he had at the time (I don’t know when he became the King of Soul) and swung by where I was. On his way off stage, or around the Locomotive, he gave me a side ways kinda hug and my shirt got pretty wet from it. That’s my story, and man, I could have sold that shirt on ebay for big bucks you think?

No comments: