Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Good Morning friends, I recieved mail from Keio, who , with Wadaba are currently in West Africa. I am posting this message to Gary from her. She gave me permission to post......................... Rene I can't even tell you how relieved I am that gary is doing better. Please please call him and read to him this email.This is the first day since we flew away last Mon that I could check email and find out how you are doing. I have been praying with all my heart and soul for your recovery. Monday morning before I woke I dreamed that you were getting out of the hospital and we were all taking you home. It didn't look like the gallery but it was indeed your home. I personally picked you up, like a baby, and carried you in my arms to your door. I had to go down some difficult steps and duck under some overgrown bushes, while everyone cappered alongside, holding the branches apart. Rene was there right beside me and others as well I don't remember, but Tom was also there smiling, walking beside us, and talking a mile a minute. We entered the house and I asked you where you would like to lay down. You were light as a feather and I was worried about hurting your bones. You said not the bed, the recliner, and Jon jumped in trying to figure out how to make it recline. It was just about open, and me ready to set you gently down when my roommate here at the workshop for Mamady Keita inGuinea, West Africa, woke me softly, asking if I needed to get up in time for the first class of the month long workshops.I woke up, slowly realizing it was a dream and meditated on what the dream meant. I knew that sometimes dreams can happen when someone important in one's life moves on, and I was afraid, and burts into tears in front of my baffled roommates, who quickly left me to prepare for the class. As I sat alone, the fear passed, and I got a sense of duty, and of thanks, and prayed and prayed out loud to all the gods and goddesses that the dream meant that I had helped you to come home to all of us, that I had carried you home. And I called out to you, "You better be coming home, Gary, we all need you with us. And not just to San Francisco either. All the way home. Come home to us. Come home to me."Last time I knew, you could not breathe without the help of a respirator,and now I read on Rene's blog that you will soon come out of the hospital! A step in the right direction, but your work has just begun. It is not your time. You belong here with us. Your work and gifts to this world are not finished and we are all helping and will continue to help you stay here with us. I will carry you to your comfy recliner when you are ready to come home.My dream happened around 12:30 am California time, Monday morning Dec 18. I know I don't tell you enough how much you have helped me, both in your kind acts, and in just your very existence, as an example of a truly good person, how you are, and I regret that. With all my love,Keio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful dream and a wonderful tribute to Gary. The revelations so clearly given to Keio caused me to feel chills from head to toe, and soft tears to flow--not tears of sadness, but tears of hearing the truth. Thank you Keio. Nadine