Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Thursday, December 7, 2006

I headed up to the gallery last night for Wednesday music and an update on Gary. I had my heater on in my truck, hot tea going, and as I rounded the curve on the horsecreek bridge, I looked over at the surreal light of the moon on the lake bottom as my 2 pieces of toast with my favorite pomegranate jelly slid off the plate and went facedown onto the floormat……….Damn!

Gary is not doing very well at all today. He’s been having problems with all the tubes he’s got in him and effects of all the testing. He’s on heavy morphine right now. He’s getting a fluid buildup in his lungs that’s causing him not to breathe well. The hope is for his first operation to start, maybe tomorrow. The colon cancer is very minor compared to all the other stuff they are finding. His lungs have some real issues, as we all know he smoked the bugler for many years.

I’ve heard from Lorrissa, who is very stressed out. She is staying by his side, because he doesn’t want anyone else to be there!! I know lots of you want to go see him and all, but this is NOT the time. Also, please don’t call Lorrissa for updates if you have her # today, as she needs to rest and not talk on the phone. Garys son Paul will be with him today and that will be good. He has family, his step brother, and now Paul, so that should be good. Its just not a time to be with Gary right now for any of us. He wants and needs to get strong.

I’ll update tonite, after I talk to his son………..Please stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rene, thank you so much for doing your blog on Kaweah River Drum Circle, and for Gary, who I still love dearly after all these years and in spite of the thousands of miles from Three Rivers to Maui. I felt concerned for him when I was there in September...his usual sparkle was dim and he seemed a little frail. If you have an opportunity to pass on any messages to him, please include my love and prayers to him, and kisses too. Tell him his magic is strong and beautiful in my heart and I send him mine in return. As the Raven is the carrier of magic and healing prayers may the namesakes of the River, Kaweah, carry their blessings to him. I picture a beautiful spring reunion there. Much Love and Aloha, Jenny/Janaki