Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday.....The Now Hour......


Last Friday night, several of us drumfolk had a great time at Nadines birthday party. We drummed till very late. Several different neighbors, who they had never met, came by to see what all the drumming was about and ended up joining us. In the backyard, in the middle of Visalia we were and the town didn’t mind it seemed. 3.30am came too soon.

We had arranged to met at the Renaissance Fair in Visalia around 2.30 in the afternoon Saturday. It was fricking hot, and I didn’t get there till around 3. I had the thought that all would already be there and I would be late, but the old drum circle creedo stood true, I was the first to arrive! The others showed right after. We checked out the place and ran into several we know, hooked up with the Tanjora Belly dance group and watched their usual great dancing, even in the heat. Although we had brought our drums with good intentions, we never did drum on that sultry hot day.
Now its Tuesday, time to get some stuff done since the weather feels cooler……..my favorite kinda feel. We’re probably going to Brewbakers tonight, so lets hook up and plan an outdoor adventure. I’ve been itching to get back on the rock…………

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So wonderful to hear/see all the updates, Rene - keep 'em coming! I'm hoping to be up in your neighborhood this summer after the HSMF - I'll be in touch!!