Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Rattler and a couple from Belgium........


We started out on our bike ride this afternoon and right away saw some guy getting wood from the side of the road, with some woman watching. We stopped and talked and they were going up to the park to go camping. They were from Belgium. I asked the woman if she could speak Dutch and we ended up speaking to one another in Dutch. I was born in Amsterdam, Holland and can still speak some of the language, though I can listen and understand even better. This was a good exercise and we talked about all the places to camp in the park and where to go. Nice little break with some nice people out on their vacation. Then, off we went. It was really hot and since I haven’t rode on a week, I had to take it kinda easy for a few miles. We did a 20 miler up Dry Creek.
I really don’t intend to make this a Rattlesnake Blog, but we just keep running into these guys and they are getting bigger! The snakes give me the fricking willies, but there is some interest in seeing them moving along. This guy was very fast, and started rattling as soon as he heard a deep voice talking. Usually you might go the whole year without seeing any snakes, but this year I’m just in the right place with my camera I guess.
We’re meeting at the Visalia Coffee Company at 8.15 tonight if you want to join us for a night on the town……………

No comments: