Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shades of blue..........................


Wednesday night and I was wondering what happened to the music in the middle of the week?? We have always gotten together for this on Wednesday nites in the past, but now there is a change in the air. Can’t quite pin it down yet though. I got a call from Gary and he was going to come by and we’d go to Brewbakers instead. Wash the blue down with the amber. My pants were blue, the sky was blue and Gary and I were flying down highway one hundred and ninety eight into the sunset feeling blue in his red sports car with the top down and going to hear the blues actually played! I’m ready now to turn blue into purple for the weekend. We drank and talked and drank and talked and in the end laughed like pirates. After all I wasn’t driving. A good laugh is healthy they say……….. .
Big weekend of drumming fun if you want to join us. First, it’s the “Down Home Soul Food Cookoff” at the Garden Street Plaza in Visalia. Across from the B of A on old Main street. We’ll be drumming around 5 in the afternoon. There will be other performers to including Keio and Wadaba! Please come and help us out, and enjoy the good food!
Then, its Sunday night drumming………Special because the next day is a holiday and you can sleep in! Come on up and bring your friends for a night of drumming fun! Bring your bathing suit………..

Big day at the office for me. I went to Cedar Grove in Kings Canyon. It was alittle cool, though no snow in sight anywhere down in the canyon. There was some on the High Sierra peaks. The Kings river was raging, like it looks in August, so I know that in August it could just be a stream. There weren’t many people camping yet, but I’m sure the big weekend will bring some in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos! Getting poetic! love your writing..................would love to drum at the cookoff.... thought I might be drumming with Keio? getting used to flying by my pants.....................redf

Anonymous said...

photos reminded me of a hike to mist falls the morining of a significant earthquake at Mammoth.
Climbing under house size boulders wondering if? A good lesson for me in "fear" management..............just like the drum circle is a place when many "push their comfort zone" getting the nerve to try drumming..redf