Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Friday, June 8, 2007

A trip to a wild place............


Went to Kings Canyon today for work, Cedar Grove to be specific. I picked up a trail crew guy and took him to “Hole in the wall”, a place with lots of mules getting ready to head to the back country of Kings Canyon, a wild place. All around were high rock faces, it reminded me of Yosemite, being at that trails camp where staging is done for the trail crews who spend the whole summer in the 80 percent of Sequoia Kings backcountry. The guy told me some stories of times out there and how things go. He was getting ready to take the long walk out. I don’t know if I could commit that much, but the thoughts were in my head as we talked. I bid him fair well and headed to the Cedar Grove Fire Station where I had a nice chat with the Head Bear Management lady. She told me of all the bears that were miss behaving and that this year there are two mother bears with triplets causing quite a spectacle with the tourists. One of the sows can be seen pretty often in Crescent Meadow, over by Moro Rock. I love talking to the people of Cedar Grove. The place really is quiet an outpost in the park and they do things just alittle different there. For instance, they have a big Thanksgiving Party sometime in September, because most are gone by the time its really here. And they do early Halloween in August. I think thats just the coolest way to live your life, at an outpost such as Cedar Grove. I was hoping to talk to my good friend Phil, but he was way up on North Dome spending a few nights out on the rock.
It was pretty windy and the pine trees had that familiar smell. The skies were as blue as your eyes are when you flash me that smile! I thought about that as I left my friends and headed back.
And, I found out who left me that “Guess Who”” comment on a recent entry……….it was Paris Hilton, emailing me from the pokey! Imagine that! You better stay tuned to this channel……………….Thanks……..

No comments: