Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nature Lover.........


Yea dude, if you’re looking for love, get a puppy. I hate playing the dating game and all the competition from all the other bloodhounds in the arena and that kinda stuff.. I’d rather just find someone who shares my love of the outdoors, someone who I can have a great conversation with. It sounds simple minded but it’s a chore. Then, if you do find someone who is very beautiful you have to be very vigilant too. I guess its worth it or maybe I’m jaded to finding just my simple thing…….Good Luck………Yeah, hey Thanks!
It was a hot one today………108 in Ash Mountain. The summers here, right on time too. There’s been steady crowds going down to slickee. Lines of people with chairs and towels and food and Ice chests and cases of beer and more cases of beer. The cops are parked by the entrance now pretty often, something that happens at this time and I heard they are surfing slickee right now and that sure signals the rites of summer. Then there’s all the litter, I’m glad that the locals who frequent the place are patrolling for us. They are the best defense when it gets this bad.
I’m thinking about heading up to the high country of the Kern for our big climbers event this weekend. It’ll be cool and the views are great! Hope to see some old friends and new ones too. Let me know if your interested in going, you won’t regret it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great photo...

Would love to live vicariously.....tell us about the climbers event.....not a climber

Anonymous said...

Hey Rene',

Gone, but not forgotten...
I've finally got a new computer! So I know I missed out on a lot of your musings in the last month. I'll be hiking with old college buddies out of MK this Friday for almost a week. This will be my last hike before I become a daddy at the end of July. I'll also be spreading my Mother's asses somewhere in the Sierras (she loved the meadows), so, per moi, nothing's too lite in my world....