Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Picture captures your soul.....

A few more things about Sunday nites drumming……At one point I did count around 45 people. And, there were actually a couple from Three Rivers in attendance!!
The photo I posted was alittle blurry. Not usually my style, but I hate using a flash, and especially at night. I’m not interested in seeing the freckle on so and so’s nose. So, I use a setting on my camera that takes in as much lite as is present. I usually try to build up the fire, but if any one moves at all there is blur. Personally, I like the effect and see it as kind of a surrealistic painting. It does show what is happening. If there’s anything real important to catch I will use a flash of course.
One more thing is that I am the group historian and have taken pictures in all the years we’ve been drumming. I really don’t like when someone new comes up and starts firing their camera flashes at us……taking pictures without our permission! This is not cool and an invasion of our privacy. We usually try to dissuade the people. I can imagine that we look like an oddity to lots of people and they think they can just capture us and show all their friends at home. Anyone who see’s this should consider all that I’m saying, I’m sure you will agree.
Well, we’re getting out some…..Gary, Paul, Jimson and Linda went to Brewbakers last nite for a time on the town. We trying to mix with different areas and meet new friends. We’ll keep you in touch…..this was totally last minute. Enjoy your Life!!

No comments: