Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Gary and the Earthquake...........

Its funny to me how life’s cycles work. That’s how we connect, and its almost telepathic. I was meaning to call Gary tonight and catch up with him on things of the week, like our great drumming at Linda’s in Visalia last night. I was watching TV and as soon as the show was over I would call. Well, about 5 minutes later Gary called! Its just that way with us. We talked about his coming back next week Thursday and all the little events that would happen before his arrival. As we were talking, a big earthquake happened in San Francisco. I started hearing Gary making funny noises and his roommate yelling about something. Gary said an earthquake was happening and it was strong. He said it felt like about 15 really good shakes. They are in a 5th floor room and could feel the swaying. Gary said it was the first quake he had felt in a long time. It reminded me of when I was young and just got my drivers license. I got to take my dad to work at the crack of dawn and as I was driving back home alone I noticed the Full Moon was sitting right on the horizon. As I pulled into our driveway it was still dark, and when I put my foot on the brake pedal to put it in park, the car started moving side to side. I thought someone was playing a trick, but it soon occurred to me that it was a huge earthquake as I watched the light posts radically moving from side to side. I’ve had nightmares of this and when I was talking to Gary tonight it all came back. They said on the San Francisco radio, KCBS 740 that it was a 4.3 and was centered in Lafayette, though many said it was bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rene', thanks for all the words. Pam B. forwarded the url from Mexico the other day. A pleasure to hear so much news.

I live in Concord roughly 6 miles from the epicenter of the quake and it was quite a shaker. Mother Earth working, or playing or perhaps acting out just a bit. A reminder of continuous change and evolution.

One of these days I will get myself down there for a drumming. Meantime thanks for the words.

David S.