Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sorry for not getting to you yesterday. I had one of those days, I couldn’t even pound a nail in straight till after lunch. I’m blaming it on the nails though. You have probably heard that it might actually snow down here in the valley tonite and tomorrow. Now that’s always an event!! Make sure your camera is ready for this. Right now, its awful dark outside, and looks like anything stormy could happen.

I’ve been playing phone tag with Jaylene. Her, Scott and baby Finn are staying at the Barn, over at Slickee, last I heard, being banned from the Gallery. This drama has two sides, though the one that’s in the gallery now is finding out that it gets pretty lonely there when nobody comes over. We haven’t had a Wednesday night music gathering for awhile and my guitar calouses on the tips of my fingers are getting soft. This is pretty unusual for us.

Gary called me last night and asked me about all this. I told him the real scoop. He really doesn’t need any of this drama in his fragile life. I tried to keep it all pretty light. He said that he had written D a letter explaining his philosophies. We’ll see, in the meantime Gary is ready for a visit from YOU. Have a great powerful Thursday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rene don't worry about your calouses on the tips of your fingers getting soft.They come back real quick once you start playin again.Whenever i take a break from my guitar theres something so great about picking it up again.It all becomes fresh and new,like meeting up with an old friend.As you know it's rare that i show up for a Wed. nite jam but i have fond memories of the ones i've been at.I remember coming with Archi or Chase and sharing some really high musical moments there in Gary's room...Some of those "you had to be there" times...That's why I'm really hoping that things get sorted out at the gallery ASAP...I don't understand all the problems, being more than a bit out of the loop but if i can be of any help let me know.