Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Monday, January 22, 2007

Nice to see you all at the drumming last night! It was a nice warm fire and quite a few drummers to make for a merry one As you know, Wil is in the process of moving to Santa Cruz, and he brought some left over furniture to burn. We had fun doing drum tricks and it was all about the groove and the fire. In the end, even Maharupa caught fire and had to be put out. Wil has sent us something nice for you to read, enjoy…………Rene’

DRIVING RHYTHMS The exchange of driving rhythms ensnares one to bliss. Beyond hearing, beyond listening, beyond the feeling it naturally is. Caught in the happily melodic directed chaos we're grouped together to create There's a community's wordless conversation we're each here to moderate. This ride brings emotion, inspires pleasure, contentment, release - It's got its own personality this tenuous, eclectic, harmonic beast. (this jam's slowing down and the break, it seems, is near, Happily we'll rest, then do it again, that's clear) This one's different from the last - unique in its own time. I look, I feel, I intonate for a part I might create, A part I can say is mine. Wil

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From a little spark 2 my jacket going up in flames makes me understand beyond the abstract the primal power of FIRE....I'm sure Richard Pryer has a much better understanding of that aspect.....By Krishna's mercy I didn't get burnt but He sure did get my attention....I just want 2 say much thanks to all the regulars and new comers at our circle I really love makin music with u all.

Anonymous said...

And it LOOKS like the uniform color standard is purple... must be the fire's orange throwing off the camera, but it looks good. Here in Santa Cruz, purple's the color of royalty, or dead headedness, or lesbian lavender. Take your pick...