Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Monday, November 19, 2007

Tuesday Night Drumming Show....................


Been out riding a couple of times now….Rode up to Badger from Lemon Cove yesterday and today did about 20 miles , that makes around 67 so far. I’m off work now and I can do this kinda stuff if I want. If feels good out there, blowing through the foothills, fresh coolness and good friends to talk to while riding along. Its our kind of golf.
And Drumming, yea, it was pretty darn good last night! Dave Crow came by, a longtime drummer and tribe leader from Visalia. We had some nice talking with the drums…..Logrhtymns if you will and lots of interaction amongst ourselves. It was almost all the old core drummers who were there and of course we were tight and played like we’ve been together for a long time………..Hey Wait, we have!!!!
What are you up to for this Monday?? Don’t forget about tomorrow nite….COS theater at 7 oclock, There is going to be a drum group playing….Sorry, I don’t know their name, but everyone’s going…..And Wadaba will be in the audience, before he heads to Africa. So, see you all there ……………………….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rene',

How's about coming to Santa Cruz & checkin' out the climbing gym? It's got a hell of a bouldering area... Plus the music scene...

Anonymous said...

Heres a few Drummer Jokes...If you have any good ones send em to me...maharupa@hotmail.com

Billy: Mommy! I want to be a drummer when I grow up! Mommy: Now, Billy. You know you can't do both. (HA!)

How do you make a drummer a millionaire? Give him a billion dollars.

How many drummers does it take to screw in a light bulb? None.....They have drum machines to do that now.

What's the similarity between a doumbek player and a philosopher? They both perceive time as an abstract concept

A bassplayer and a guitarist were seated next to a drummer on an overseas flight. After a few cocktails, the men began discussing their home lives. "Last night I made love to my wife four times," the bassplayer bragged, "and this morning she made me delicious crepes and she told me how much she adored me." "Ah, last night I made love to my wife six times," the guitarist responded, "and this morning she made me a wonderful omelet and told me she could never love another man." When the drummer remained silent, the guitarist smugly asked, "And how many times did you make love to your wife last night?" "Once," he replied. "Only once?" the bassplayer arrogantly snorted. "And what did she say to you this morning?" "Don't stop."