Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Monday, September 24, 2007

A day in the life.....................


Hey Yo……….Coming at you from the chair here in Exeter, it’s the weekend update of drumming and socializing, including today.
I have today off, so besides taking it easy from coming home around 2 last nite from drumming, I’ve been kicking back putting off all the house duties I’ve put off from last week. I gotta get at this stuff soon! All the animals are lined up around me waiting for my next move, which in their case is going to be buying dog food, cat food and bird food.
I got CNN on and have been watching the speech by the President of Iran at Columbia University in New York. I just don’t know, but the University President introducing him had some cool stuff to say!! I try not to be political here, so don’t ask. Anyways, I got all patriotic and such and decided what I needed to do was get right out there with the people of this country. After all here we are in the breadbasket of the world, the heartland right? I wanted to be around that feeling of America, so I headed off to Wal-Mart. Now mind you I even waited till around 3 in the afternoon, when I knew it would be the most crowded! I parked and went in, cart ahead of the horse. I moved through the aisles getting bumped by the biggest butts in the country, women with lots of kids clogging the candy aisles and soda aisles. Women with hickeys and curlers, men with just got up outta bed looks buying a starter to put in their car in the parking lot and then I ran into the geekest guy I ever worked with just back from Oklahoma. He worked at the same factory I did and also did weekends as a security guard, but I’ll bet somehow you knew that right? I went to this place to hopefully run into someone I knew from a past life, and buy animal food too and what I got was a fresh slice of our country, and I don’t know what to tell you other then I still love it and I’m glad you all are my friends!!
So, drumming…………..Great and with a big crowd as we lit our first fire of the fall and celebrated our lives as drummers and hangers on of the idea that this is what we want and we aint going for any other ways. A big group a familiar faces fills the circle, some are new, but have come a few times and are feeling like regulars already. We welcome you and Thank You for coming and Drumming!!
We have been invited back to the Renaissance Faire in Hanford again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Tuned for this as its only 2 weekends away and WE NEED YOU TO HELP US DRUM!!!

No comments: