Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Bohemian lifestyle...........


Well, my job in Pinehurst is done and I’m beating the bushes for some work before I start working in the Park. I’ll be in the Fire Dept. so you know I’ll be posting some cool stuff as the heat of the summer rises. It should be a great 6 months of work ahead, with adventure leading the way. Meanwhile back at the ranch………I’ve been feeling kinda bohemian lately, big hike yesterday up Skyline to the water falls. I wanted to know how they were looking with this rain we got over the weekend, and the falls are running fairly good considering our lack of rain. I’ll post some pics up as we go through the week. So, like I was saying , I was supposed to be working yesterday, but the hike just sounded too intriguing to pass up. We did the whole loop, up the road, down to the creek and over to the other side where we went around to the middle of the big water fall and then back down to the road. About a 6 mile loop. Man, the ticks were heinous!! I had about 20 on my pants right away, and the rest of the hike it was all about picking them off before they started drilling. You don’t want to experience that, believe me! Then off to the Riverview for dinner and music it turned out. The Monday night jam. I still had ticks crawling out of my sleeves during dinner, but the beer sure tasted good and what a way to spend a Monday, albeit with a little guilt for not working…………not much though! And You????

No comments: