Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Sunday, June 29, 2008

We Make it up as we go

Hey You all, How've you been doing over there? Man, its been awhile huh!! Well, I'm putting down a few words and hope to get regular with it again here. The hit and miss signals and just life in general have put a crimp in the commuicatons hose. Well, anyways, Drumming tonite! Its been hella hot and the skies have been very smokey! Everyday. Its bad air for sure and we all dealing with it. Particulates and Ozone levels have been 10 times above normal. Anyone know what normal then would be?
I'm sure that down by the river it'll be just right. I'm just going straight down there when I get to the gallery. I know as I walk up the steps there'll be so and so and whats his name and those people and whats his face and that dude with that chick and you know, I might get distracked. But I'll take the back way around and just go down there. Down past the drum circle hole where chuck will be gettin the grounds ready. New people will be starting to gather, thinking that we're going to be starting drumming right at 6 like the rules say. There isn't a core drumcircle member in sight and won't be till it gets dark. We'd like to think that we're all linning up at 6 and starting our rhytmn fusion right on time and all that, but it just doesn't come down like that ever. We do it going pretty soon though cuz as we start gathering around we feel the pressure to drum. To do what we do. Its our language, and we start getting antcy to get the drums out and talk to each other. I've been to drummings where I'd be there all night with all my friends who I only see at drumming and we don't talk all night. We drum and look at each other and smile and groove and get all caught up in the bump thats coming round.
So, down by the river like I was saying...............See you tonite

No comments: