Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Art Explaination......

Hello, Well the Holidays are all around us. You can't go anywhere or listen or see anything that's not about the Holidays. There in every room now.
I've been putting up lots of old pictures lately, most from around 2002. I guess thats when I got my first digital camera and the Drum Circle persona were first on my list of catching life in its most interesting ways. But, Dude the pictures of the Drum Circle are blurry!! And, some of them still are today! Well, Please let me explain why that is. I really hate using a Flash. I hate the way evevrybody looks and the way it just washes everything. I love the long shutter. The camera staying open and catching as much light as there is before it closes and makes a picture. At night there is not much light around where we drum. We make the fire bigger for pictures but still people move around when there's a big groove going, so blurry is a form of the body in motion. It catches the moment I see better than anything else does. It makes us ageless. And, as a bonus, it turns into paintings. Art in a life form. These last few pictures I found are good blurries and were from one of our big and famous Halloween Parties, this was 2004.............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, I love low light pictures! So cool to meet a kindred photographer. Can hardly wait to see what you post next.