Photo Show from the Old Days

Photo Show from the Old Days
90's

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle

Rolling on a Historical Drumcircle
Pic by Karl Wenn

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lucky..........................


I've been riding with these guys for almost 5 years now. At least once a week, but mostly 2 to 3 times a week. We've all got differnt lifes and riding is our golf I guess. All this time, going down hills at 40 miles an hour and riding in traffic sometimes, in rain, hail and heat way back in the hills and we all got this big secret that's been in the back of our minds every time we go. We never talk about it.... its the fact that we've never had a crash!! Never hit pavement, that is till last Saturdays 50 mile ride. We were tooling along at 20 mph ( we just checked) and BAM! Out of nowhere appears a big chocolate Lab and he goes between my wheels!! In a second I was down. This could have been bad. As it was, I wasn't even cut or bruised!! This is very strange cuz usually this would be road rash and bruise's but there is nothing at all!! Only thing I can think is that I rode the dog down to the ground. The dog took off, never to be seen again. My bike on the other hand had a back tire that went bent real bad! Two hundred dollars later I'm ready to ride again...............
As for drumming, well we were outside around a nice big fire and it started to rain big drops that make you wet right away, so we went inside, and once again it was Great!! Thanks for all the 30 or so who crammed into that tight warm space and grooved the big groove around the cast iron stove. We all went to bed with drums in our heads that night!


No comments: